The October 28, 2017 download of Database Health Monitor now available. Download today.
Download Database Health Monitor
October 28, 2017- Version 2.6.1 (920): Database Health Monitor - October 28. 2017 (1777 downloads) <<– Download Link
- Download the zip file
- Open the zip file, and run DatabaseHealthSetup.exe.
If you have been using a previous version of Database Health Monitor, just download and install this version over the previous one.
Thank you for using Database Health Monitor. Give us your thoughts by filling out our User Survey.
What People Are Saying About Database Health Monitor
- I would like to thank you for sharing this product with us free. I have installed and using health monitor on my production DB. very very nice…. Thank you so very much. I hope you will keep adding more features in this product. Well done (Rohit)
- Outstanding app. Already referred it to several friends in the field. Well I do have to say the changes you have made (regarding version 2.5), seems to have made everything in the interface much snappier. Your work here is quite impressive. (Frank from Texas)
- Outstanding! Besides enjoying the layout of your app, one thing I really like about the Quick Scan Report is each entry has a corresponding link that discusses the finding so I can go back and review recommendations, cautions, etc. (Michael)
Version 2.6.1 Release Notes
Version 2.6.1 is the October 28, 2017 release of Database Health Monitor.
Bug Fixes in 2.6.1
- Bug fixed with the Disk Space Report not showing the disk free space in on SQL Server 2008R2.
- Fixed a bug with the new inventory report where it was not showing information on SQL Server 2005 and 2008 instances. It has been fixed now for all SQL Server versions 2005 and newer.
- Quickscan report was reporting extra errors in the error log for servers that have memory error recovery enabled. Eliminated this message from the Quickscan report.
Version 2.6 Release Notes
Version 2.6 is the October, 2017 release of Database Health Monitor
New Features in 2.6
- Added a Job Schedule instance level report.
- Added an option on the statistics report to show statistics for all databases, and to generate the script to rebuild statistics for all databases. (Customer request)
- Added a Quick Scan Report check for logins that have a non-existent default database.
- Added a Quick Scan Report for SQL Server Express Edition, and display a warning.
- Modified the database mail check in the Quick Scan Report to display a different message when it detects that database mail is not enabled if the SQL Server is running express edition.
- Modified the Blocked Queries report to better show the blocking query and to differentiate it from those being blocked.
- Added a Quick Scan Report check for SQL Agent Jobs with no notification on failure.
- Updated the link to the support site. It now goes to http://support.sqldatapartners.com which is vastly improved over the previous support site.
- Added a Quick Scan Report check for power settings, recommending that a High Performance option be used.
Bug Fixes in 2.6
- Fixed a bug when clicking on a database to drill down on the queries needing params report. Previously it was crashing, now it has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the database overview incorrectly reporting unused indexes.
- Fixed a bug in the server overview panel when displaying the machine or VM type where it was failing on SQL 2012.
- Fixed a bug with the “Instance Reports” title overlapping the buttons to get to the instance reports on certain resolutions with larger fonts.
- Fixed some timing related bugs on the Blocked Queries report. It was erroneously showing blocked queries without the query blocking them being shown.
- Fixed various bugs around compatibility level 70 and 80 and crashing on some of the reports. Yes, people are still running databases at level 70 and 80.
- Fixed a bug on the server overview page on very large databases, greater than 1TB causing the query to crash.
See the Release Notes page for details on updates in older versions.